How to Choose the Best digital marketing agency in New York
There are different reasons to hire a digital marketing agency. Some companies want to completely outsource their digital marketing, while others only want to complement their own team.
No matter what the reason, the digital marketing landscape is in constant change. That’s why it makes sense to bring online marketing up to date with a marketing agency.
Find Digital Marketing Agency: Know what you want
Before you start looking for a digital marketing agency, you should start with yourself. Create a request list for the solutions that need to be found. Differentiate between necessary and nice-to-have requirements right from the start. What are the reasons for the must-haves? Also, look for reviews on the net. These can be used in agency evaluation to better assess potential candidates.
Especially in these three digital marketing areas, you should draw on expert know-how:
- Social Media: Social platforms are constantly updating their feed algorithms, introducing new advertising features, implementing new formats.
- Content Marketing: The demand for quality content is constantly increasing, as users adapt to modern functions and thereby raise expectations.
- Search engine optimization: They are unpredictable and are knowing to change their rules for locating the sites without explanation.
At its core, digital marketing is about trial and error. By far the greatest advantage of a digital marketing agency is that it has already laid the foundations for an advanced digital strategy that would take years of your own.
Online marketing agencies specialize in being up-to-date in the fast-moving digital marketplace. You usually can not afford this to the same extent because you also have to look after other communication areas in the company.
Three no-gos in choosing the right marketing agency
Let’s bridle the horse from the back: your search for the right agency will be easier if you can exclude from the outset those who do not fit. You should definitely take these tips seriously:
- No track record: Everyone has started at some point – just as an entrepreneur you know that well. Nevertheless, it is important that the agency has proven its worth with successful campaigns to minimize the risk of mistakes and bad decisions. Your brand does not have to be the guinea pig.
- Unattractive websites and small social media activities: plumbers with ugly websites are fine. Digital Advertising Agencies? If the website does not convince the agency, why should it be yours if the agency makes it?
- Bad communication: You need an agency that communicates well, and that includes communicating with you. Any agency you consider should respond to your emails and phone calls in a timely manner, set clear project guidelines, and value regular customer meetings-if that’s difficult to get in touch with, then stay away.
9 Questions you should ask yourself at the digital marketing agency search:
During the selection process, you must interview potential agencies. This can be done in person, by phone, Skype or email. Make it easy by putting together a list of the most important questions:
Which KPIs are measured?
The measuring KPIs, so metrics is critical to successful digital marketing campaigns. Make sure the candidate agency uses a proven system to measure a flexible set of KPIs. This is best seen when asked what your marketing goals are. A good agency will want to know your business goals and help you reach your KPIs.
How big is the experience?
What is the professional background of the people who will work with you? How long have you been in business? Study the “About us” page and ask questions if the content is not enough for you.
How is reporting handled?
How often does the agency report on its progress (monthly, quarterly)? What do these reports look like? Can samples be delivered? How customizable are these reports? You want an agency that reports on progress as often as you want. The reporting provided should demonstrate the progress of your KPIs and provide actionable recommendations based on the data.
What ROI can you expect?
What is the expected return on investment (ROI) and how long is the period until it is done? Ask for forecasts based on your business goals, but also case studies. Predictions are good, the evidence is better.
Does the agency have a client portfolio and success stories?
Can she show you past campaigns that have been successful? Is there customer feedback? Is she ready to give names and telephone numbers of references?
Does the agency outsource tasks?
If she outsources her, does she have a strong and reliable team of contractors? If an agency does all its work in-house, it has a reliable team. But that does not mean that agencies that outsource necessarily do substandard work. In this case, make sure that it works with a constant team of freelancers and contractors who have been successful in the past.
What is your specialization?
Which areas of digital marketing form the core business of the agency? Some agencies focus on SEO, while others specialize in paid advertising, social media marketing or content. How well is the agency positioned in each area? It can be tempting to book just one agency to cover all the digital marketing needs, but you can get better results when two or three specialists work together.
What are the terms of the contract?
How long is the contract period? How does the payment work? What will be delivered What are the renewal and/or cancellation options?
Interview as many digital marketing agencies as you think fit, but keep in mind that the selection itself costs a lot of time. In any case, arrange the introductory dates on site at the agency. So you can get a more direct picture. In advance, you can send her the previously noted requirements, so it’s clear what you expect.
Ultimately, it is not only the expertise that matters, but also whether the personality of the marketing agency fits in with your business.