Subwoofers are important to the audiophile, and even to those who are just watching blu-ray movies on their television because most speakers in an audio or home theater system are not capable of reproducing all the frequencies, your audio source sends to them. You are missing quite a lot of audio enjoyment if you do not have them. Subwoofers are fantastic at producing the full, rich, three-dimensional effect we love in movie soundtracks and in music programs.
Top Rated Subwoofers For Your Home
Rating is 5 out of 5
Rockville Rock Shaker 8" Inch Black 400w Powered Home Theater Subwoofer Sub
- Rockville Rock Shaker 8 Black 400 Watt Powered 8" Home Theater Subwoofer.
- 400 Watts Peak / 200 Watts RMS. Built-in Class D Amplifier. Enclosure is made of top quality MDF wood. (MDF wood sounds better and lasts longer than particle board). High-grade vinyl enclosure covering with a beautiful finish. The enclosure is built with the perfect air space to maximize sound quality and punch. The rear firing port is engineered for optimal sound.
- Class “D” Amplifier Circuitry with Auto-Switching Power Supply. High-grade woofer with foam surround and paper cone. Woofer has a Y30 grade magnet, and 1. 5” 4-layer voice coil. Distortion-Free Playback Even at Max Volume Listening! Very Clean Sound! . Enclosure is filled with fire resistant poly cotton. Detachable foam grill. Inputs / Outputs / Controls: . . RCA line input. RCA line output. Speaker High level inputs. Speaker High level outputs.
Rating is 4.9 out of 5
Bestisan Powered Subwoofer, Compact Subwoofer for Home Audio Theater, Deep Base, Built-in Amplifier Wireless Subwoofer for TV, Optical/RCA/Bluetooth (6.5 Inch, Black,)
- POWERED COMPACT SUBWOOFER- The 60-Watt 6.5" powered subwoofer features continuously variable 60-250Hz crossover and 40-250 Hz frequency response. The enclosure is built with the perfect air space to maximize sound quality and punch.
- WIRELESS& WIRED COMPATIBILITY-- Standard RCA, optical and Bluetooth allow Bestisan powered subwoofer to blend the subwoofer’s low-frequency tones with other speakers, soundbar, smart phone, TV, laptop, tablet, etc.
- BIG BASS IN COMPACT DESIGN- The driver in the powered compact subwoofer pumps out loads of deep, tight, smooth bass with low distortion, for the ultimate in refined behavior.
- HOME THEATER SPEAKER- The subwoofer with built-in amp combines delicate musicality and thunderous power for the ultimate in home theater sound effects as well as unsurpassed musical excellence.
- CONVENIENT, LED DISPLAY DESIGN-- Round corner design can prevent bruising and perfectly integrate with your room. LED displays in different colors shows MODE switching.
Rating is 4.8 out of 5
Polk Audio PSW10 10" Powered Subwoofer - Power Port Technology, Up to 100 Watts, Big Bass in Compact Design, Easy Setup with Home Theater Systems Black
- POWERED SUBWOOFER FOR EXTRA BASS & PUNCH – A 10-inch Dynamic Balance woofer & a uniquely configured directed port provides accurate bass with added depth that brings your music and movies alive. A perfect solution for your small-to-mid size room
- LOUDER CLEARER SOUND EVEN AT HIGH VOLUME – Enjoy a thrilling yet balanced music experience with rich, deep sound, even at low frequencies. BLENDS EASILY WITH ANY SPEAKER and plays the most demanding nodes effortlessly without any distortion
- Double the amplifier power to 100 watts of dynamic power with its in-built 50-watt rms amp. Sophisticated engineering with best in class resonance-free driver materials make this sub highly durable and fit for extended use
- EASY TO INTEGRATE WITH EXISTING SYSTEMS – Hook up this sub to the receiver and upgrade your music sound instantly. Features continuously variable 80-160 Hz crossover and 40-160 Hz (-3dB) frequency response
- A sleek detachable grille on the front, speaker and line-level inputs as well as speaker-level outputs on the back, and a Phase Toggle Switch for multiple subwoofers, make this sub cohesive and complete
Rating is 4.7 out of 5
Klipsch R-100SW 10" Subwoofer | Incredibly Deep Bass and an All-digital Amplifier
- 10" front-firing spun-copper IMG woofer
- All-digital amplifier with 300 watts peak power
- Volume low pass crossover and phase control
- Line level/LFE RCA inputs for maximum receiver compatibility
- Dimensions 14 5" x 12 5" x 16 4"
- Frequency response: 32Hz - 120Hz +/- 3dB
- Amplifier power (Cont/Peak): 150W/300W
- Amplifier features: Volume, low-pass, 0/180 phase, Auto power on
Rating is 4.6 out of 5
Monoprice 60-Watt Powered Subwoofer - 8 Inch With Auto-On Function, For Studio And Home Theater Black
- This is an 8" powered subwoofer capable of producing 60 watts (RMS) output. The subwoofer has a frequency response range of 50 to 250 Hz with a lowpass crossover filter, which can be adjusted from 50 to 150 Hz. Gain and frequency knobs on the control panel allow you to adjust the crossover filter and the power output for the optimum blend and balance of bass output with your stereo or surround speakers.
- The subwoofer has multiple input options, which allow it to be used with any existing stereo or 5.1 (or greater) amplifier system. For each input there is a corresponding output.
- High-level inputs accept a full-range signal from the amplifier's stereo speaker outputs. When connecting the unit as part of a 5.1 system, these would be taken off the Front Left and Front Right outputs in parallel to the standard pair of front speakers. The subwoofer provides its own power and includes impedance matching circuitry, so this will not reduce the power output to the front speakers or affect the overall impedance load on the amplifier.
- Additionally, the subwoofer has a set of right/left Line Level inputs. If using a standard stereo system, without a special subwoofer output, you can connect these to the left and right line level outputs on the amp. The subwoofer will then combine the signals to process the mono bass signal it needs to drive the speaker. If you are using an amplifier with a single mono subwoofer line level output, simply use an RCA "Y" cable to split the output and send it to the two line level inputs on the subwoofer.
- The subwoofer is housed in an attractive black wood cabinet that measures 13.75" x 11.75" x 11.75" (H x W x D). The driver and a 2 3/4" sound port are located on the front, covered by a black cloth speaker grill.
Rating is 4.5 out of 5
Yamaha 10" 100W Powered Subwoofer - Black (NS-SW100BL)
- New twisted flare port contributes to clear and tight bass
- Advanced YST II (Yamaha Active Servo Technology II)
- 10” cone woofer
- Stylish addition to any room
Rating is 4.4 out of 5
Sony SACS9 10-Inch Active Subwoofer,Black
- 115 Watt, Amplified Subwoofer (6 ohms, 80 Hz, 10% THD).Compatible with High-Resolution Audio
- 10 inches Foamed-Mica Cellular Reinforced Woofer
- Speaker and Line Level Inputs, Frequency Response 28-200 Hz
- In the box: RCA cord, Instruction manual
Rating is 4.3 out of 5
Elac SUB1010 120 Watt 10" Powered Subwoofer, Black, SUB1010-BK
- Enclosure Type: bass reflex
- Amplifier Type: Class AB
- Amplifier power: 120 watts peak/ 60 watts RMS
- Frequency response: 38hz-200hz; crossover frequency: 40hz-200hz
- Driver: 10" Low Throw dynamic woofer with these inputs: L/R/LFE/speaker level
What is a powered subwoofer
To paraphrase singer Megan Trainor, it's all about the bass. A Subwoofer delivers sounds in the 20 to 200 hertz sound range than traditional speakers can't deliver.
Low frequencies deliver sounds from instruments such as the kick drum, bass guitar, and pipe organ, as well as movie sound effects like explosions.
Particularly if you are listening to hip hop music, or watching movies with lots of guns and explosions, you are really missing out on the sounds that the artists intended you to hear.
A subwoofer will assist you in feeling "immersed in the sound," not just listening to it.
And even if you never listen to a hip hop recording in your life or never watch a single action movie, subwoofers are still important.
Subwoofers help balance out the sound being produced by your audio system.
Subwoofers come in all kinds of sizes and types. There are 10 inch, 12 inch, 15 inch, and 18 inch subwoofers together with smaller subwoofers termed a compact subwoofer.
Subwoofers actually come in two types, powered and passive systems.
If it's powered, then the subwoofer has its own built-in amplifiers or speakers to operate the system.
If it's a passive system, then the subwoofer draws its power from your own amplifiers.
Powered subwoofers are the most common type of subwoofer for music, and are generally easier to set up
Many of today's subwoofers are self-contained wireless systems that obtain their power by using technology such as Bluetooth, infrared, or even WiFi. You can find here https://ubuntuask.com/blog/best-usb-wifi-adapters-for-ubuntu-linux top rated usb WiFi adapters.
The advantage of wireless subwoofer systems is that the subwoofers can be separated into different parts of your living room for example without having a bunch of cables strung everywhere.
The cheapest subwoofer system will typically run you around $80 for a middle of the road system. But generally, subwoofers are not cheap.
Most people who are true audiophiles, spend roughly 2/3 the cost of their speakers on subwoofers. So typically the cheapest subwoofer system you will want to go with will be a minimum of $300 to $700.
Subwoofers are so important to some audiophiles that they actually will build their own.
What is the best hz for a subwoofer
Subwoofers are built to provide sounds in a range from around 20 hertz to up to 200 hertz.
Generally, however, a subwoofer will have a range between 20 up to 120 hertz, as most modern sound equipment is capable of delivering sound between 120 and 200 hertz with no problem.
If however, if you want to get a truly earth-shaking feel of the bass in your home, look for subwoofers that are designed for 80 hertz and below.
However, unless you are building a sound system for a nightclub, you will not need to have subwoofers that dwell down near the 20-hertz range.
By far the vast majority of affordable subwoofers deliver a hertz range of from 32 to 120 hertz.
Among the top subwoofer brands are Sony, Klipsch, and Polk Audio.
How to get more bass out of your home subwoofer
Besides the obvious advice of buying a more powerful system, there are four general tips that will help you enjoy a better bass experience.'
- Place your subwoofer either 8 to 12 inches from a wall, or better yet, place it in the corner of the room for optimum sound,
- If you download music, make sure you always select the best possible recording possible
- Buy an enclosure. An Enclosure helps insure that the forward direction soundwaves and the rear-facing soundwaves do not mix as the two are out of synch and can produce a discordant sound.
- Make adjustments to the crossover and volume and the phase switch.